I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 15, 2011

7.15.11

Romans 2:29b And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

My Thoughts
I am a people pleaser!!... and a rule follower.... but I have broken  rules to please people....I just never wanted somebody to be disappointed in me.... or mad at me... or sad with me ... it hurt my heart.  It also made life hard so many times, so many people to please!! When we seek praise from God and not people it is amazing how much simpler life can be.... it reduces the choices you have in a good way!  The people that are not pleased with you when you do what God wants will truly get over it.  Then there are the people that "get it" when you choose to make God happy over them.......then the rest of the world won't care one way or the other. But most importantly God will smile.  So many times when I choose to please a person when I wasn't comfortable with they ask of me I just didn't know how to say no.  Now I can say "I can't do that it would not make God happy with me."  What can somebody say to that??? Now I am even strong enough, because of God to just say "No I can't." because I know it won't make God happy with me.  Have you ever said yes in the moment to please somebody now...  and even know at that moment, that later you would so hate what you had committed yourself to?... I have!!  Now I stop and weigh out the future I think "If I say yes.... will this be  something that will make me resentful in the future?" ... I know that God would not be happy with the resentment I would feel in my heart and I am able to say no. More times than not I still say yes...God loves when we do for others.... but now I do for others with a clear conscious and a right heart....not to please them...but to please God.  God will never ask us to do something that is wrong! When we say yes to God we are choosing the absolute right thing to do.  All of God's motives are pure, loving and good. God always cares about my life and what will happen to me when He ask me to do for Him. And God is a forgiving God if I am trying my best to please Him... and I still mess up.... I can go to God and confess and ask forgiveness without fear and God will forgive me. A changed heart is full of wonderful rewards that make life so much easier and so much better. We can never go wrong by seeking praise from God.

No comments: