I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 30, 2011

7.30.11

Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God's law.

My Thoughts

Love is a choice! It's can be an overwhelming feeling, like when you hold a baby for the first time but it is also a choice. It is easy to love a baby, your baby, some body else's new baby, most everybody loves a baby. I think ...that could be because we all know that a baby will do nothing to hurt us. In fact a new baby seems to look at every person that holds them with great love. A new baby is maybe the purest form of love. When we are most hurtful to others is when they have made us feel unloved... we move into that selfish mode of thinking of us... who loves me?... what has this person or that person done to show me they love me today? The devil fills our head with those thoughts, the "He/She don't love me because they didn't do ________ for me today." Once the devil tells us that we should say out loud what somebody that loves us does do for us. I should tell the devil "I know Robby loves me because he goes to work every day to provide for me. He never, ever forgets to kiss me goodbye. Robby calls me at least 3 times a day from work. The list goes one and on! Yet when I listen to the devil I get caught up in one thing Robby didn't even know that I wanted. We all do that .... the devil gets us caught up in not feeling loved so we forget to go about loving. We all learn as adults how fun it is to give.... how it can be way more exciting to give a gift than it is to get one. Oh sure getting gifts is great fun. But when we have gone all out to find a special gift for somebody, something we know they are going to love and be all excited about... well that is the best feeling. If we spend our days getting done what has to be done and then thinking of ways to show others that they are loved we would fill that joy that Jesus talks about. It would be whole days of being excited because we gave somebody something nice. It can be as simple as giving somebody a much needed smile. You could make your spouses favorite dinner. You could drop a note in the mail. What if we all got up each morning and said I will do something today to make each of my family members feel loved... then I will do something today to make a friend feel loved...and as I go about my day I make sure that my co workers feel loved...and the strangers I come in contact with will feel God's love through my actions. We would surly be filled with joy!! We would get so lost in the moments that we would forget to feel selfish. A warning comes with this way of life... the devil will attack, he will not like it at all that you are spreading love about!! He will start telling you how nobody does for you... and he will start this off just when you start thinking what you can do for others.... he starts in with your first thoughts so you won't get started, because he knows if you do this love thing long enough you will start reaping the rewards and you won't be able to stop! When you get started...when you ask God to help you along the way the opportunities to love...when you start choosing to love all the people around you.... life will become amazing. When the devil tells you somebody doesn't love you because... you tell the devil all the reasons you know you are loved...drown him out!! Today make an honest effort to love... love is a verb, and action word... what will you do today to show the people around you what love feels like?

1 comment:

Aunt JJ said...

Great one! thanks!

1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8,

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.