I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 21, 2011

7.21.11

Proverbs 19:23 Fear of the Lord leads to life, bringing security and protection from harm.

My Thoughts
Fear is defined in a several ways to be afraid of is one...and awe and revere is the other... I got to thinking about this verse in those terms... and I thought of how sometimes in our life we find somebody to hero worship... teenagers do this with their friends so often..... when we do this we just are so afraid that we won't please that person that we find ourselves doing something we wouldn't usually do just to please them...to get their attention... we can't help to notice them when they walk into the room and it can actually feel like the son rose in a room when they enter.  That is the kind of feeling of worship we need to have for God.... the complete desire to do what ever He says.... when we feel His presence is should overwhelm us with a good feeling.  The wonderful thing about hero worshiping God is that God is a real hero...and doing anything God tells us to do is good...God will keep us secure and protect us from harm... God is amazing that way!  I think we can get carried away with that "hero worship" feeling because our bodies were made to worship God and when we aren't that feeling of worship gets directed somewhere.  We are intended for worship and when we worship God, when we are in awe of God...when we are afraid to disappoint God because we love him our lives can only improve.

No comments: