I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 14, 2011

7.14.11

Romans 2:13 For merely listening to the law doesn't make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.


My Thoughts
God expects us to make an effort to do good, to be good. We are not good people just because we know what is good..... God wants us to do what is good.... God wants us to learn what is good and apply it. Verse 23 says that we are so proud of knowing the law, but we dishonor God by breaking it. Have you ever know somebody that wanted you to do something... got mad at you for not doing it but never told you what they wanted? Women do this all the time (men say). This has happened to all of us and it can be so frustrating not to know how to please somebody that you want to please...because they won't tell you what they need from you. God is not like that... God tells us all the time... God gave us the Bible, He gives us preachers and Sunday School teachers who study the word and explain it to us to the best of their understanding.... God puts the Holy Spirit inside us to guide us....and before we even ask God to live in our heart He has given us our very own conscience (verse 15) to help us know right from wrong. God tells us what He wants and to be right in God's sight we need to act on the knowledge God has given us. We need to listen to our conscience, we need to listen to the Holy Spirit inside us, we need to study God's word. We don't need to reason with ourselves that a white lie is ok..... that not paying our taxes is not stealing... that it is ok to do something to somebody just because they did it to us first...the list goes on.... we know when we are trying to convince ourselves that doing wrong is not so wrong... God tells us that that is still not ok...we need to make an effort... to always do our very best...we need to not make excuses... we need to pay attention to what God tells us to do and do it so that we will be right in God's sight. God only tells us what is good! Even when it doesn't feel like it we are always, always better off when we do the good God prompts us to do!

No comments: