I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7.13.11

1 Chronicles 16:11 Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.

My Thoughts
Continually seek him.  We tend to just go about our days, so much to do so little time.  We get our minds our our to do list, our what to do list, what others are doing, what we are going to say next and we forget to "continually seek him." We forget when we are trying... how much more do we forget when we don't try at all? God gives us strength for all things when we ask. But we have to ask. We need to get up in the morning ans spend time with God... and then we need to keep God there beside us all day long by talking to him constantly.  We need to say things like "God, please help me with this conversation." "God, please help me as I make choices in my day to make the right choices." When the phone rings we need to ask for God to help us with what we hear and what we say... when we get in the car we need to thank God for transportation and ask God to keep us safe. When we are tempted to eat more than we should we should ask God to help us.  When we sit down at night to watch TV we should ask God to help us choose what to watch.  We should constantly thank God for our blessings.  When we are frustrated we should tell God and not the world. God is the one who can help.  It makes perfect sense that life would be better if we kept God at our side all the time.... talking to God constantly. It can only make our life better!! When we go to learn something new we should ask God to help us... how much better could we learn and do with God there!  We need to learn to thank God for the things he hasn't even given us yet.  We need to tell God our dreams and the desires of our heart... nobody cares more than God.  Continually is defined as:  Not interrupted; steady.... as my son put it we should never say amen because we should never stop our conversation with God.  The next time you are feeling lonely ask yourself  "Have I talked to God today?" If we want today to be better...if we want our life to be better... if we want our relationships to be better we need to talk to God about it all, all the time!  God has the power to make all of our life...each part of our life stronger!

No comments: