I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7.20.11

2 Chronicles 1:11-12  God said to Solomon, “Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people—I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested. But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future!”

My Thoughts
Did you ever wonder what God wants from you?... We know that God wants us to love Him!! We know that God wants us to love others and treat people the way we want to be treated.  But God also wants us to seek wisdom... to learn all that we can about what God can do... what God has planned.... God wants us to keep gaining knowledge... the rest will follow!!  God blessed Solomon with so much because the only thing Solomon asked for was wisdom...wisdom is that important.  God blessed Solomon just because he asked to be wise.  God will change your life is you seek wisdom... Gods kind of wisdom.... There is such proof that God set the world up to prosper when we seek wisdom... in countries where people have no education poverty prevails.  In countries where people want to dictate and control they only educate a select few...the people in control surround their selves with wise people but the keep the people under their complete control by keeping the uneducated.  The devil has more power to control us when we are not educated in what God can do... in what we can do to draw God close to us.  The devil would love nothing more than to keep us uneducated about God and his ability within us. Grace is Gods ability in us to help us accomplish things we could never do alone.  We have such power when we let God work though us...but the devil wants us to stay uneducated about that power. Jesus said if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we can do anything (Matthew 17:20) The devil is full of "you can't".... God teaches us that "you can." It should always be in our prayers as we start our day to ask God for wisdom... everything else will follow.  We will never be as wise as Solomon....but God has Solomon write down so much that we can learn from and we can show God how much we want wisdom by learning from Solomon.




1 comment:

sledkitten said...

Thanx a million for taking the time on this blog. I really enjoy it and really enjoy , "MY THOUGHTS."

I have been put at ease many times these last few months from your blog. Thank you so very much.