I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 23, 2011

7.23.11

Psalms 18:30 God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.

My Thoughts
I thought about how we look to God for protection and the best way I could apply it in my mind was this.  We teach our children how to be safe...we go about telling them what is dangerous... we protect them all we can.... when they are smaller it is much easier we are there all the time.  When they are bigger and have more free will to do what they want it is much harder to protect them....our protection extends when they do what they have learned...but when they go about on their own without regard to what we tell them they become less safe. 

As children of God we have free will, we make choices all the time.  It is important to put what God teaches us in our hearts and in our memory so that we can call on that wisdom of God when we make decisions....doing what God has ask us to do keeps us safe.  Staying in communication with God keeps us safe. But the minute we start doing contrary to God's teaching we have chosen, because we have free will to not be protected.  This verse says that we need to look to God for protection.  Praying for God to keep us safe as we walk willing straight into sin is like a child looking at their parents in the eyes when they are out of reach and walk straight into traffic.  The freely and willing walked into traffic against all they were taught and no matter what their parents did  to make them safe they made a choice and suffered horrible consequences. God is always preparing us to make the right choices.... to stay near him.... God wants to keep us safe and make us strong and  we are safe when we make the choice to do what God has told us to do...but when we run off on our own we make choices that make us unsafe.  But God is right there beside us, close enough that we can always cry out and God can reach us....but when we cry out we have to do what God ask so that He can keep us safe.

No comments: