I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 4, 2011

6.4.11

Acts 23:5 "I'm sorry, brothers. I didn't realize he was the high priest," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, 'you must not speak evil of any of your rulers.'"

My Thoughts
Oh this is such a fitting scripture for the 4th of July. As citizens it is our duty to elect a president...to go out and vote!  We get the opportunity to vote this person out of office in four years if we do not like what he/she is doing.  But while any person is president of our wonderful United States we need to pray for them, we need to speak highly of them and we need to support them. The Scriptures tell us to do this. God tells us what is best.  With such mass media that we can all be a part of... blogs, facebook etc. people from all over the world can see how we feel.  We need to present ourselves as a united front.  We don't do that when we trash our president. If we don't like what our president stands for we need to pray and pray some more... but we still need to support him/her. We became a strong nation because we are United... we can become weak by being divided.  The enemy looks for the cracks in our armor.  Thumpers mother, from Bambi,  put it well when she said "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." God knew when He put these words in the Scriptures how to keep a nation strong.  We need to listen.

No comments: