I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, July 24, 2011

7.24.11

Romans 8:26 And the Holy Spirit helps us with our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.

My Thoughts
To me this is such a comforting verse.  God sent the Holy Spirit to live inside us to intercede for us.  To take care of what we need even when we don't know what that is!! How amazing is that!!  So when you find yourself in a situation where you just don't know how to pray or what to say to God...let Him know that you  need him and you want him. When you just don't know what to ask for all you have to do is call out and let the Holy Spirit do the rest. I am comforted in the fact that I can sit on my couch and close my eyes and say "I need you God please help me!" and then just sit in silence in the presence of God while the Holy Spirit talks to God on my behalf. What a wonderful blessing God has given us...His Spirit inside of us to make sure we are well taken care of! 

No comments: