I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, July 17, 2011

7.17.11

Romans 4:2 If his (Abraham) good deeds had made him acceptable to God, he would have had something to boast about.  But that was not God's way.  For the Scriptures tell us, "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith."

My Thoughts
I was trying to put this in my head in a way that I could totally understand it.  Kind of get it in human terms so that I could wrap my brain around putting my faith in God. The way I thought about is was this...

Can't you imagine that God sees us so often like we see a small child that won't let us help.  You know the scene.  A child is trying to open a jar that has never been open...the task is way to big for the child...but until the child lets his dad have the jar the jar will stay unopened.... then the child give the jar to Mom and Mom can't open the jar...but Dad is standing there all along with the strength and the ability and until the child gives dad the jar the lid is not going anywhere!  We go about taking on life without asking God for help...without letting God help.... we give our problems to our friends and our family..... and all the while God is standing there looking on just waiting for us to give Him the task at hand.... after all God can take care of anything that is in front of us... we just keep holding on or passing around and we never reach up to God and give him what needs to be handled.

We are only limited by our faith because when we don't believe we don't stop and let God take over. We can work and work and work...doing everything right but no matter what we do we don't have the ability to do what God can do. We have to have faith enough to say "Here God you do it." We cant make ourselves right with God only God can do that! We just have to have the faith to let Him.

No comments: