I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 1, 2010

4.1.10

Psalm 73:26 My health may fail, and my spirits may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.

My Thoughts
I have Lupus so this was a very important verse to me... I really thought about it... as always I prayed for understanding of this verse... but wanted extra much to understand!!... and here is what God is telling me about this verse... "I am with you!!... your heart is so what is important to me... you may be sick and your may feel to tired to go on... but that doesn't meant I have left you... your heart belongs to me and I am with you always!"... so even when you are tired... and sick ... and sick of being tired, God is with you and he is taking care of the very most important part of you... God is taking care of your heart... so don't give up!!... let Gods love shine through your pain.... and if you are sick and you are tired... if your spirit is weak... remember to have joy in what God has given you!!... just yesterday I was feeling really weary from my Lupus flair... it can make me feel rather useless... but I knew I needed rest to feel better... to get better from my flair... and the useless feeling was very counter productive as far as rest was concerned... so I thought ok Jeannie, be happy with what God has given you... and God has put me in a place in my life where I can rest when I need to... so I decided to be happy... to have joy... and to lay down and rest and enjoy my rest.. to relish a day or two or three of being all snuggled in... I decided to be thankful for where I am...  trusting that God has my heart and that is what mattered... my spirit grew stronger... and the better my spirit is the stronger my body is... I will now always think when I am sick.. or when my spirit is weak... its ok Gods got my heart.

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

I LOVE this verse. That is something I hold on to also, God is always with me no matter how I feel in this "world" My spirits should always be rejoicing. God has even shown me how to rejoice in my pain and illness. I do not embrass it by any means. lol. But, Through my illness God has used it for others. I have always tried to put on a happy face, and "pain free" face, even when that is not the face I want to be showing. And God has used that, so many times I have heard "how can you believe in healing" "how can you believe in God" "how can you smile" "how do you get through..." Then when I explain about God and this is to other Christians mind you, the next thing I hear is "I am so encouraged by you, how can I .... when you suffer, yet still are strong in faith". So see, no matter what we are going through personally or physically or mentally.. God is not only still with us, he can still use us!! Love this verse Jeannie.. Oh my gosh you are so going to want me to stop commenting, I leave such a story. ha ha. God Bless you and thank you so much for this blog.

Shelley