I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 9, 2010

4.9.10

Proverbs 12:25 Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.

My Thoughts

I keep trying to pick a different Bible verse this morning.... but I kept coming back to this verse... so I thought that God was telling me something and I needed to listen.... so often our friends or family can come to us with worry... every day worries... worries about something they have done or said to someone... often we choose to fuel the fire with our words... "I don't blame you for saying that or doing that"... when we should be encouraging... when we should cheer them up... we should say that is easy to fix... or can you think of a way to make it better I will help... we should encourage people to do better to do the right thing... to take the steps to make the situation better... this would cheer them up... make their day better... keep them from more worry... today when we find our self in a situation lets not fuel the fire, lets encourage a solution and make that little part of the world a happier place, a place to feel joy.

2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Thank you for this reminder I firmly believe this and try to live this way. I have a thing I posted on the wall in my office that reads...."Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." I think I need to add this verse to it!

Carol<>< said...

silly me, I have been coming here and just noticed that I can be a follower here also!
Enjoy your day!
Carol<><