I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 30, 2010

4.30.10

John 1:5 "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it."

My Thoughts
Jesus is the light... here John the Baptist is talking about Jesus and what he came to do for the world....once we ask Jesus into our hearts he is always there... a bright shinning light... when we put that light in the center of our heart all parts of our heart and life's will be clear and bright... and we can see clearly the choices we need to make...and walking becomes easy and clear...but when we move that light to the far corner of our heart and turn our back on it, it is hard to see where to walk and what to do... but that light never leaves us, we can never extinguish it!!... we just have to go get it out of the corner and move it back to the center of the of our heart and then the paths we should take and the decisions we need to make will be clear to us! We can make room for God's blessings on our lives!
hugs
Jeannie

2 comments:

Sentiments said...

I became familiar with you on the cricut messageboards and always admired your cards. A few months ago I clicked the link to this blog and read it daily. I thank God for leading me here as it has really been a blessing to me. I want to thank you for allowing God to use you. I pray that He blesses you abundantly.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Just thought I would tell you this really blessed me today. I was having a little discussion with our Lord this morning and sharing how hard it is when you lay your heart open to others and they are not receptive. I walking in the kitched filled my coffee and sat in front of my computer.... this was the first thing I read! Thank you.