I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 18, 2010

4.18.10

Luke 19:46-27 'Yes.'the king replied, 'and to those who use well what they have been given, even more will be given.  But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away....'

My Thoughts

Everything we have comes from God... and it is important to remember that... our talents, our money, our ability to work, our homes, all that we have was given to us by God and he wants and expects us to use it wisely... if we use it wisely God will give us more... but if we squander it, if we waste it, it we don't treat what we have as the wonderful gifts that they are, we will wake up one morning a loose it all.... One example of this is our money... just as money was use in the example in the verses  13 - 25 ... if we are spending our money on interest we are not being wise... we need to be earning interest...  if we save our money then buy we earn interest, if we buy then pay interest we are actually paying money for the money we have already been given... so lets never be guilty of saying to God he hasn't given us enough by over spending. Lets show God how much we love what he has given us by using it wisely... using it as the gift that it is.

No comments: