I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 25, 2010

4.25.10

Proverbs 14:4 Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest.

My Thoughts

You can go about your life... trying to be good... doing what you think God wants... and things will be ok... things will often work out.... but for a really good life... to have all that we need... for Joy and Love and Hope and for a large harvest in our lives we need to love God.... We can have the farm our life... then so many of us have the garden.. (have God living in our heart)... but we need the strong ox for the large harvest (loving God).... think about it like this...when you fall in love you spend time with that person, you don't want to go a day without seeing them, you find out their wants and their needs,  you try hard to do the things that make them happy... you glow in their presence... you are thankful for the time you get to spend with them...you take time for them, you make time for them.... you tell them all your hopes, fears, dreams... you go about trying to make them happy... and when they love you back they do all those things for you in return...love changes us... it changes our lives... . love is a verb, and action word... love is work... just like an oxen is work... but just like an oxen it is work that rewards us..... and it is so worth the time it takes.... we need to love God and  to treat God like we love him...  if we do that our lives will change!... our harvest will grow unbelievably... don't you love people more that love you back??... God wants our harvest to be overflowing... spend time in each day loving God!... oh it will be so worth the work....think of it like this... you work the garden... no matter if you have the oxen or not... you are out there in your life working the farm..... you even planted the garden.....if you take time for the oxen it makes working the farm half as hard...and you get twice as much and more with the oxen... get the oxen... take time to Love God.
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: