I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4 21.10

Joshua 23:16 If you break the covenant of the Lord your God by worshiping and serving other gods, his anger will burn against you, and you will quickly vanish from the good land he has given you.

My Thoughts

God's covenant for US was made through Jesus... and God promises us many things in his word if we are doing the things he ask us to do... he ask us to Love him with all our hearts, soul and mind and to love our neighbor as ourselves in Matthew 22:37 and in I Corinthians 13:4 God tells what love is... Love is patient and kind, Love in not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand it own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth winds out.  Love never gives up, never looses faith. Love  is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.... God wants to give us the many things he promises... God keeps his promises... but we have to do our part.... we have to Love God with everything we have... love him above money and things and people... then we have to love other people!!.... and the Bible tells us what love is.... so lets work hard today at being patient and kind, not being jealous or boastful or proud or rude, lets not demand our own way or be irritable, when somebody does us wrong lets be quickly forgiving and keep no record of it...let rejoice in truth... lets never give up and never loose faith lets be hopeful always!!... lets work really hard at doing these things... sometimes it feels not so easy to do...but  God knows when you work at it. Lets work at it and  lets see the wonderful things God puts in our lives along the way... lets not abandon God or the people around us or we will loose the very things that God has given us....lets show God we are loving because God wants to give us wonderful things like we want to give our children wonderful things he loves us even more than we know how to love... God wants to know we are trying! God will bless us for doing our best.
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: