I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 5, 2010

4.5.10

Luke 11:34 "Your eye is a lamp that provides light for you body.  When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light.  But when it is bad, your body is filled with darkness..."

My Thoughts
Oh this spoke to me today!!!...and was so exciting!!.... Jesus was speaking when he told the people this!! ...and he went on to say in Verse 36 "if you are filled with light, with no dark cornier, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."... wow!... this light encompasses so much!!... first I think it is telling us if we see the good in people and situations...if we look for good... and sometime you have to look really hard... you will see good...there is good all around you...but you have to look for it... what you look for you find!!!...and if you choose to see the good... if you expect the good from people... that is what you get in return!!... and if you see good... it makes you feel good... if you "look for light your whole body is filled with light!"... another part of this is when we look for God we find God!!... when we seek God he is there for us!!!... if we ask where are you God?? it is because we are not looking for God!!!... we are looking at all the bad around us...and God is not in the bad... God is in the good... so find the light in your day... be filled with light... expect light ... seek light... Look for Good, Look for God in all the rooms of your life!!.. they say that if you expect good from people they will be good, if you expect bad from people that will not disappoint you... expect good from people... live in a way that people want to do good around you... by being good, by expecting good we create good... we help light up the corners in our rooms... try it today!!... let your eyes be a lamp that provides light for your body...look for good... look for God!!

No comments: