I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 4, 2010

4.4.10

Luke 11:9-10 Jesus said "And so I tell you, keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for.  Keep on seeking and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  for everyone who ask, receives.  Everyone who seeks finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

My Thoughts
I have heard this verse lots in my life without hearing the parable just before it.. in Luke 11:5-8 it says that if you ask for bread from your neighbor in the middle of the night and he says don't bother me I am sleeping... if you knock and knock and knock he will give it to you to make you go away!...the picture in my head makes me laugh....I can so see this... if you bother my sleep .... long enough I will do anything to make you go away!!.... I would also think you must want this really bad to keep bothering me, if you want it that bad I will give it to you!!.... before I read verses 5-8 I thought of asking God a few times... now I know to ask and ask and ask .... all day long every day until I get what I want.... I think too if I am going to do this I better be for sure I want it...because I may be going to get what I keep asking for if its good for me or not... or you can look at it this way.... if I don't want it bad enough to take the time to ask over and over and over and over and over... if I don't want it bad enough to remember to ask again and again...then I don't want it bad enough for God to stop what he is doing and make sure I have it... so remember if you need something bad enough...or you want something bad enough... ask and ask and ask and ask and ask... don't stop until you get it!!...but make sure if you are going to do this that you know its a good thing!!

No comments: