I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4.7.10

Luke 12:32 "So don't be afraid , little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom."

My Thoughts
When I read this verse and the verses leading up to it, starting at verse 22, I thought about my kids... especially when they were little, little kids...  you know how you want to give your kids the world, you want them to have everything they need and everything they want and you do what is in your power to give it to them, but you don't give them things they won't use wisely because you don't want them to be hurt..like you wouldn't give them a BB gun if they couldn't follow the rules and not hurt themselfs or othres.... as much as they wanted it...and much as you wanted to make them happy ... keeping them safe would be the best way to show them love..... you give them rules for their safety, rules that will keep them healthy, rules that will make their lives better... the rules you give your children are all because you love them so much!!...and God loves us even more than that... it says right here in Luke 12:32 it give God great happiness to give you the kingdom!!... just like we feel great happiness when we give our children the desires of their hearts at Christmas... Remember that God will keep you safe, he will keep you fed, he will keep you clothed if you are following his rules for life... his rules for life ensure your happiness, your full bellies, your shelter... and if we will be mindful of the extra gifts God wants to give us and use them wisely... use them to honor God and others... God will be so excited and give you more and more and more of his blessing... God only with holds things from us when we don't use our "toys" safely for us or for others... we only need to worry about food and shelter when we are not good stewards of our money that God has already provided for us... if we don't use our gifts from God wisely he has to choose to with hold them only for the safety of our souls...but when we use our gifts wisely God gets all excited, God feels great happiness because he can shower us with his blessings... so try your best learn Gods rules, and to follow them so he can shower you with his blessings... so God can give you his Kingdom.

No comments: