I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4.14.10

Luke 17:1 On day Jesus said to his disciples, "There will always be temptation to sin, but what sorrow awaits the person who doest the tempting...."

My Thoughts

Oh wow... this one is huge... I bet we have all done this!!.. even if it seems as what we have encouraged is a small thing... sin is sin is sin.... so we need to be very mindful.... it is one to think about for sure!!... I know I will be  more aware of what I encourage people to do... in conversation have you ever encouraged somebody to gossip?.... I am guilty.... have you ever encouraged to tell a white lie?....I'm guilty..... have you ever tried to talk somebody into calling in sick when they weren't so you could spend time with them?.....I'm guilty...(it didn't work :) ) .... have you ever encourage someone to spend money they didn't have, to be bad stewards of their money??... In Romans it says that if you think something is a sin, it is so don't do it.... have you ever tried to talk somebody into doing something they felt uncomfortable doing.. to them this could have felt sinful.... and the list could go on and on... be bigger and bigger!!... its important to be aware of what you encourage people to do...and not to be guilty of tempting a person to sin... and its really important even with the "small" things because in Luke 16:10 it says "if you are faithful in the little things you will be faithful in the large ones"   think of little sins as gateways to bigger sins and be just as mindful no to do the little things that God sees as wrong... remember always that sin is sin is sin.... its us humans that rate the size of the sin.... be very careful to encourage only the good in people.

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Guilty - Guilty - Guilty, I hadn't thought of it this way but you are right.

Cheryll said...

Guilty here...

Brens Designs said...

How very true! Guilty also!!!