I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 19, 2010

4.19.10

Luke 19:42 "How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace."

My Thoughts
Oh Jesus probably has said this about me so many times!!... I have felt like I always tried to live right, well most always... I tried!!.... I felt like I was a sweet person... I knew that I had asked Jesus into my heart!!.... but I still walked around without peace.... I had self doubt!!!... anxiety!!!... panic!!..  always needing to please people!!....and know that I pleased them...I constantly felt guilt.... and more of it.... I have never really been at peace with me... all those things can cause people to be judgmental because if I could find a fault in somebody else  I could for a moment feel a little better about me... then God started really working on me... He did it slowly.... he sent me a message in a book that I read about praying of things... I started praying for cards...and to get better a making cards.... and it worked!!!.... he used my cards as a way to get in my heart and make me know that he hears me!!!.... and when he knew I was ready he sent me a Bible (I had some yes) ... the  right Bible through a person he knew I wouldn't want to disappoint!!..one of my children...see God knows of all the people in the world I wouldn't want to disappoint is either of my kids, so he sent me this One Year Bible through my child.... all lined up in an order that I would read.... in a version that was easy for me to understand... and with that little seed of understanding that he would answer my prayers about my cards.... and that knowledge that I would want to please my kids... he gave me His Words in a way that I could understand them.... and my life has been totally changed!!... yesterday in the car...oh riding in the card with someone else driving can make me a total basket case, especially when my husband drives...(he drives for UPS...so I usually drive so he doesn't have to feel like he is working)... anyway I got really tired yesterday on our way home from visiting out daughter in Memphis, so I gave him the wheel...and prayed before he took it!!.... I didn't get anxious!! ... I know this may sound so minor to you...but believe you me in my life it was major!!... and that was such as sign that God is working in me....every day I have less doubt... every day I care less about pleasing people and more about pleasing God.... and I can feel him smiling down on me because he knows I am trying!!.... every day I love people more... (and I am a people lover by nature) but I love them more and more.... God's word is teaching me, making me, molding me into a better person, a person that is more confident, a person that believes in themselves and believes more in the Power of God's great goodness!... if you love God ... and want to please God but you are not reading His word on a daily basis I urge you to do so!!.... I promise you with prayer God's word will work out amazing things in your life!!... I beg you to take this journey with me and see what happens!!!... and if you start this journey with me and it changes you, and it will, please let me know... give me a chance to thank God for his wondrous power of love!... encourage me to to keep reading and learning and understanding God's great plan for my life!!
Hugs
Jeannie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you Jeannie, I have been wanting to understand God word for my life,and i too have a hard time in the car with someone else driving. I want to take this joureny with God and you and really start understanding the word. Thanks Anita P.S. I make cards for the military guys and girls to send home to love ones.