I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 29, 2010

4.29.10

Luke 24:49 "And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised.  But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

My Thoughts

Jesus said this to the disciples just before he ascended up into Heaven...he left the people that loved him and followed him and practiced his teaching the power of the Holy Spirit to help them when they needed to be strong... we often think of the Holy Spirit as speaking in tongues.... it can be that but, it is much more than that... it is strength from heaven when you need it.... the Holy Spirit is power from heaven living in us and we have it we just have to ask for it.... in Luke 13 it says "how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him." ... have you ever been praying and your prayer took on a life of its own?...that is the Holy Spirit helping you with the right words to say.... we have the power of heaven any time we need it all we have to do is ask.... If you have an opportunity to be a witness to someone and you are afraid all you have to do is asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit and God through the Holy Spirit will give you the right words to say.... if you have to speak in front of people like for work and you don't think you can ask for the power of the Holy Spirit to help you.... God wants us to have a good reputation so if we ask the Holy Spirit can help us in work, in friendships, with strangers... if we are God's children he wants to help us in all situations, he wants us to be in good standing with others so we can promote his cause here on earth...God wants us to be somebody people listen to, respect and trust so that when we have an opportunity to talk about Him people will listen... then next time you feel you need strength to accomplish something ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit and see where God takes you!

No comments: