I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 15, 2010

4.15.10

Psalm 84:12 O Lord of heaven's Armies, what joy for those who trust in you.

Joy is defined as: the emotion evoked by well being, success, or good fortune.....Trust, a verb (an action word), is defines as: to place confidence or depend upon;  to commit or place in one's care or keeping; to rely on the truthfulness or accuracy of.  Trust is not just a word you say... "I trust in you God" and it be done.  Trust is a verb, an action word... trust is relying on the truth and accuracy of God word.  To show God we trust in him...to be able to be cared for by God we must learn God's word and live it. When we truly trust God, put our trust in God we will rely on his word to guide our steps, our words, our actions.  When we do the action of trust we will have joy!! When we do the action of trust, when we rely on the accuracy of God's word and live it we will have well being, success, and good fortune. Make trust an action in your life and  you will have well being, success and good fortune.

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

Oh I really, really love this verse and your thoughts and comments on it. It is so true and so often we forget that "trust" is a verb and it does require action on our parts. "I trust you God" is a phrase that many of us, including me, at times just say because we say it so frequently, but we don't put the "action" to the phrase. Thank you Jesus for this reminder that I needed this day. Thank you Jeannie and God bless you for your obedience.