I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4.13.10

Luke 16:10 "If you are faithful in the little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in the little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities."

My Thoughts

God promises us his wonderful blessings when we do what he ask... but we have to show him that we can be responsible with his gifts.... We have to take even the smallest thing that we know how to do and bring honor to God with these things... it is easier to do this with the big things...things people see... things we think God will notice.... in the same way we tackle big problems in our life because we have to and we let the little problems go... we often know we are supposed to honor God with major things... and forget to honor God with the tiniest things....  we always go to God in prayer when there is a crisis.... but often forget he will handle helping us get dinner made if we ask.... We won't tell a big lie...but we will tell a little white lie.... God wants to see that he can trust us with the little stuff.... he want to see us give a part of our dollar.... so he knows we will give a part of our 1000 dollars.... then our 10,000.... he wants to see us use our gifts no matter how small we think they are before he can trust us with a bigger gift.... so stop today when you think "oh this is little it won't matter" and remember it all matters to God... that the way to bigger better things is doing the little thing right... it you say to yourself today oh this doesn't matter... stop and say I bet it does and do it right...bring honor to God by choosing to do the right thing... by choosing to do even the smallest job in a way that would make God smile down on you.... Mother Teresa became famous because she did even the tiniest task right... she took care of tiny problems.... she knew that every deed she did mattered to God.

No comments: