I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4.28.10

Proverbs 14:10 Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can fully share its joy.

My Thoughts

Bitterness so covers up our joy and leaves little room for more joy... and if its in our hearts too long it chokes out any of the joy we started with.... God wants us to feel joy... to be joyful...to share our joy with others... we can't share anything with others if we are bitter!!...one reason is because people just don't want to be around bitterness... it's scary... it's hurtful... and it keeps people at bay.... and it the person it hurts the most is the person filled with the bitterness.... Joy on the other hand is contagious... it attracts people... it draws people in... it makes you beautiful... it makes you glow...and it even makes you look younger!!!.... the only way to get rid of bitterness is to forgive...  God forgives us only when we forgive others... yes sometimes it seems impossible to forgive some thing!!... been there I understand... God made you so he understands too... but God wants the best for you...and lets face it bitterness is not best for anybody... so take that first step toward joy... toward forgiveness... speak the words of forgiveness out loud in your prayers.... and when God hears you speak these words he will start helping you work on the action of forgiveness...do it every day until you start feeling joy... do it every day until you think to yourself I have forgiven this person.... this in just that was done to me...and your heart will start filling with joy... you will feel God's forgiveness in your own life.... you will start attracting people... their fellowship with fill you with joy.... try it  start with just saying the words out loud in your prayers... would love to know if this helps you!!
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: