I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 12, 2010

4.12.10

Psalm 81:16 "Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.

My Thoughts

God wants to take the load from our shoulders!.... and he wants us not to have to work so so hard... he does want us to work and keep busy it keeps us out of trouble... but he wants us to have time to learn about him, to praise him, time to love our families... Remember the stories of the Israelites when they would go into battle their task would be so easy, they could win a battle with marching and great shouts..... because God was with them... and God was always with them when they were doing what God ask .... sometimes, even though God had actually traveled with them,  they would forget God... and not do what God ask them to do  that would be the time when they had to fight hard, really hard and still they would not win... God wants to be with us, he is on our side, he wants to take the load from our shoulders, but we have to be with God... show God that we will bring him honor.... do what God ask of us..... when life gets really hard... too hard to bare ask yourself where did I leave God behind at?... put him back in your life, try hard to be the person he wants you to be... and see if that load on your shoulder gets lighter.... sometimes you have to take notice... I have been dealing with a situation in my life and its been much much easier lately, amazingly so!!... and just now as I was writing about the Bible verse did I put the two together... I started reading my Bible daily on January 1st... and slowly things have gotten better and better... it was God taking the load from my shoulders because I am learning, and doing my best to follow him.... how exciting is this!!!

1 comment:

Brens Designs said...

I so agree with you on this. I have found inner peace and strength to deal with my husband's illness through the grace of God. I say the Serenity Prayer every morning and ask for God's guidance and for Him to help me through the day and He has and always will. Thank you for your wonderful blog.