I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3.31.10

Deuteronomy 17:19 "He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees."

My Thoughts

Here God had been telling the Children of Israel his commands just before entering the Promise Land (keep reading this is important) ... and God said if they select a king select one that God chooses...and to make sure that the king always kept a copy of  God's commands for them and read it daily so he would learn to fear the Lord by obeying the terms of instructions... well in this case fear means profound reverence and awe ... this is the important part for us!!... God has promised us Heaven!!.... The Promise Land!!... he wants us to have it so bad that he sent his Son so that we could easily be forgiven of our sins!!.... God loves us all as much as he loved the king he was going to choose...and as much as he loved the Children of Israel... and God sent us the Bible... which has endured for many, many, many years so that we could read it and understand God's instructions and decrees for us... so don't you think that God wants us to read his word daily...so we will remember to show him profound reverence and awe... so that we will be reminded daily of his instructions for our lives... don't you think that God will find favor with us if we do this!!!... He will... and our lives will be better because we are trying...and learning... because we are gaining wisdom like God tells us to do over and over again in Proverbs!!... God wants you, YOU to know what his plans for your life are... he wants his commands to be written on your heart... so make a commitment today to read at least one verse each morning and learn what God had in store for you!

No comments: