I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3.30.10

Deuteronomy 13:18 "The Lord your God will be merciful only if you listen to his voice an keep all his commands that I am giving you today, doing what pleases him."

My Thoughts
Don't let this verse terrify you... it scared me to death... because I sin all the time... but don't let it terrify you, just be very mindful of it... to understand it we must first learn what it means... and I prayed about this verse I so needed to understand it and this is the way I understand it... Mercy means a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion: withholding of the punishment or judgment our sins deserve.... God know we are human and we are going to sin... God knows that the devil is sometimes just going to get hold of us and trick us... that is why God sent Jesus, because we just can't do it right... but we can try!!... try our very best!!... we can spend time each day seeking wisdom by reading his word, and praying... and build his shield around us... God wants to know we are doing our very best to be like him!!... and for the rest he gave his son, Jesus because God wants to show us mercy!!... and it pleases God when we try to do our best... but we have to try... when we fail... we have to remember to confess our sins and ask for forgiveness... God sent Jesus because we will fail, because he wants to forgive us... God wants to withhold the punishment our sins deserve... he wants to do that for us when we try!!...but we have to try to do what is pleasing to God... God is pleased with us when we try.... God shows us mercy when he knows we are doing our best to be the person he wants us to be!

1 comment:

Shelley Evetts said...

What a good verse. So many, and I am number 1 on that list, often ask why didn't he have favor on me in this or that area. Well, we first have to remember this verse. Are we being righteous? Are we obyeing what God is telling us? I needed this reminder today. I just had a HUGE "why" yesterday.. "HUGE" and I did ask God.. and I do believe this verse is how he's answering me.