I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, March 21, 2010

3.21.10

Luke 5:6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear!  A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

My Thoughts

These fisherman had fished all night long and hard and had not caught one single fish... then they gave up their boats to Jesus for him to preach the Good News to the people... when they did that it was like giving up a whole days pay that that needed badly!!... because when Jesus was in the boat they couldn't fish..... but they did what Jesus asked of them..... and by doing so they were blessed beyond their wildest dreams... their boats were full, overflowing with probable more fish than they had ever caught ....and they caught these fish simply by doing what Jesus asked them to do.... our lives can be overflowing with blessings if we do what Jesus ask us to do.... one thing he ask us to do is give to people in need ... and he says that we will be rewarded.... In II Corinthians 9:6 it says "Remember this- A farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop.  But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop." .. this is exactly what the fisherman did they gave generously when Jesus asked of them...they gave up a whole days worth of fish...and in return they received probably a weeks worth of fish... so we we do what God ask of us... we will be like the fisherman, we will get more in return than we ever give up... try today to do at least one thing that God ask of you.
hugs
Jeannie

No comments: