I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3.10.10

Proverbs 11:4 Riches won't help on the day of judgement, but right living can save you from death.

My Thoughts

Does this mean you have to be poor?...No!!!... King Solomon was rich beyond imagination... but King Solomon was a very wise man... he sought God in everything.... and God rewarded him... and he gave glory to God for the things he had!... what we have will never get in the way of heaven, of eternal life is we remember that all that we have comes from God.... and we remember to thank God for the things we have and the things we can do!... when riches get in the way is when they puff us up with pride in ourselves...when they make us think "I am so smart, I am so great, look at me look at what I have, look at what I have accomplished", ... and we get so full of ourselves that we think what we have came from us... and we forget to thank God, to give God the glory, to seek him and walk with him.... Does God want us to be poor Christians? NO... he wants for us more then we even know to want for our ourselves... just like we want great things for our children... God wants great things for us!.... But God doesn't want riches to get in the way of us being with him forever in heaven.... remember today and every day after to thank God for all that you have... if you don't have the things you want... maybe you haven't thanked God for the things that you have.... maybe God is afraid to give you more because it will get in the way of heaven, of being with him... and if you stop and remember God is why you are, why you have, why you are able...and God knows you know this... then God will start blessing you with more.... we can have it all if we only remember that ALL of what we have is a gift from God!


Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: