I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3.16.10

Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is well pleased."

My Thoughts

The notes in my study Bible say that in this verse peace indicates total well-being not just absence of hostility... wow total well-being...and "well" was defined as completely cured or healed (physically or spiritually)... Here the Angels told the shepherds, when Jesus was born, that we would have peace one earth if God was pleased with us... and they were taking about our hearts, our souls having peace if we were doing our best... really trying to live like God wants us to live...that we could now be forgiven of all of our sins just by asking!!... just by believing in Jesus, that he is truly the Son of God... God knows we will slip!! and fall!!... but he also knows when we are trying our very best to be like him... to do the things he wants us to do... to be the person he wants us to be!!.... and the more we try to be like Jesus, the more we learn to be like Jesus and the less we will fall... all we have to do is ask forgiveness, the get up and try again... and this is the important part... when we please God by trying and ask forgiveness for our sins... and are forgiven because of Jesus.... we can have peace in our heart, total peace that no matter what happens today... I am going to be OK because I am a child  of God... and one day I will get to live in a place surrounded by love like I have never ever known ..... total complete peace and love and joy... God sent Jesus so we can be forgiven and have total peace in our hearts!.... So live your life today in a way that is pleasing to God... ask forgiveness when you fall... forgive the people around you that fall.... and know that God's gift to you is peace in your heart and a place secure for you in heaven...then let that Joy shine on  your face so others will want the Joy that you have!!... This is just so exciting!!
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: