I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 18, 2010

3.18.10

Luke 3:14 "What should we do?" asked some of the soldiers.  John (the Baptist) replied, "Don't extort money or make false accusations.  And be content with your pay."

My Thougts

John the Baptist was telling people how to live to please Jesus.... we shouldn't extort money... extortion means obtaining money by legal power...this in my mind means also no to twist legal documents in a way that makes you receive more than you are entitled or more money than you are suppose to get ..... don't make false accusations... that means don't tell something about someone that isn't true...so if you have heard something... and you don't know it for a fact to be true...don't repeat it!!... don't be a gossip!!... and this one is a biggie!! be content with your pay!... that is because God provides you with all you need....maybe not all you want....but all you need.... and to receive more we have to show God that we are thankful for what he has given us... we show our thankfulness by living within our means.... when we live beyond our means it says to God that we don't think he has given us enough!!!... its like a slap in the face... when we live beyond our means we can create a situation where we don't have enough for the things we need because we get to behind on paying for the things we wanted!!!....so take your pay... pay for your needs first!!... then save for your wants and God will be so proud of you ... so happy.... that he will start providing more of you wants!!.... see if you can live by this.... don't say to God he hasn't given you enough by overspending.... celebrate what God has given you by living within your means and see if you don't end up with more in the long run!
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: