I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 11, 2010

3.11.10

Proverbs 11:5-6 The godly are directed by honesty; the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.  The godliness of good people rescues them; the ambition of treacherous people traps them.

My Thoughts

God tells us over and over again in his word that wicked people fall ... that the traps they set entrap them... that their evil ways are their undoing.... don't be fooled when things look like they are going good for people that you know are doing wrong... the devil loves to make bad look like its working.... don't ever get caught in that train of thought that you might as well act like someone that you know is doing wrong... because God also tells us over and over in the Bible that being honest, acting like God would want us to act rescues us.... that God will take care of us and our needs if we live right, if choose to do the right thing... if we act like God wants and teaches us to act God takes care of us... so if you find yourself giving up on doing good today... stop and say a prayer that God keeps you strong... ask God to guide you in doing good... build a shield around yourself that protects you and keeps you from making the devil happy... choose to make God happy and God will take care of you! David was always asking God to conquer the evil around him... and to help the good prevail, to win out.... you can say to God "Don't let this evil around me win God, please help me walk in your light and please let being good win on this day."... try it and see what happens!

Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: