I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, March 25, 2010

3.25.10

Luke 6:45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.  What you say flows from what in in your heart.

My Thoughts

Oh my.... so many times we do something we know is not right... say something we know we shouldn't say...and we often like to tell ourselves "but I have a good heart" ... or say about a friend that has done something not so kind "but they have a good heart," but the Bible says... Jesus said... what you say flows from what is in your heart... so next time you have a thought to say something unkind to someone or about someone... stop before you speak and ask yourself ..."is this how I want people to see my heart?" if the answer is no... don't say it.... instead say a quick prayer for God to take away the evil that hides in your heart... we are all  human... evil is going to sneak in... the devil is always looking for a way into your heart...trying to give you an excuse to do and say bad things... but once you know what you thought was not so good... don't say it!!!... once you know what you want to do is not good...don't do it.... show God that you want you heart to be good... that you want to produce good things ... that you want you heart to be a treasury of good things... and the more you try to speak only good, the more you pray to be protected from evil... the easier it gets...... and the harder it gets for the devil to sneak in a hide evil in your heart... remember don't speak bad things.... stop yourself and say a quick prayer.
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: