I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 1, 2010

3.1.10

Mark 10:24-27 Jesus said again, "Dear children, it is very hard to enter the Kingdom of God.  In fact it is eaiser for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"  The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But not with God.  Everything is possible with God."

My Thoughts

I read in my study Bible that in the disciples time the rich were thought to be the closest to God... the rich had so much because they were rewarded by God... this is why the disciples were so astounded when Jesus said it was so impossible to get into heaven even impossible for a rich man... they were probably terrified... like all of us can be when we think of our sins... and wonder if God would ever forgive us... Yes He will... Jesus tells us so!!..right here in Mark... Everything is possible with God!... even being "clean" enough to get into heaven... Jesus died for us to cleanse us from our sins... How lucky are we!!.. Does that mean we can go around sinning willfully then just say a prayer.... No!...because God says we should all try to be like Him.... God wants to know we are trying...  God also knows without a doubt that we will stumble... because after all we are human.... God wants us to do our best.... and then He took care of the rest by sending His Son...lets do our best by God...and thank him again and again and again for the rest!

No comments: