I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3.23.10

Proverbs 11:24 The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

My Thoughts

I knew this verse was important... Proverbs 10 and 11 are full of important things about how to live your life!!...so I looked up refreshed to see exactly what it means.... refresh means to restore strength and animation to; to replenish ... I could just see a happy person so full of animation and live.... then I pictured someone who is depressed... they walk around in a daze... no smile... no hand gestures when they talk...they are lifeless....their voice is quiet... they are totally without strength!!.... you have been there... or seen somebody there...well we are suppose to restore their animation and their strength... replenish their energy.... and we can do this by showing them we care, take them out for a cup of coffee, a desert... listen to them...pat them on the back.... pray for them...just show them we care... and slowly but surely we will see that smile... those hands move in conversation... hear a laugh... actually see their animation restored... strength enter their bodies... and in return we will feel refreshed ourselves... we refresh people when we give them hope... and we feel hopeful when we feel cared about... so when you see somebody that is down take time to care about them to refresh their spirit with hope...and watch them come to life...then praise God for what he has done through you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jeannie for inspiring message today. I believe all you said. It trully works! And you feel blessed for helping that person. I've been following your art work for at least 2 years and I always feel uplifted and encouraged when I visit your website. God is trully using you to reach so many. Thank you for following His lead.( and for sooo many fantastic card ideas). You are awesome!!! Holly Mitchell Ft Worth Texas