I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3.9.10

Proverbs 11:2 Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

My Thoughts

I pray before I read my daily Bible reading that God touches me with a passage that he whats me to share... and that he gives me words to make the passages more clear to me and to others... this passage kept coming back to me...I kept reading it over and over trying to understand it... so I got out my Study Bible and read what it says about this verse ... here is what it says... Pride is dishonest self-promotion, whereas humility is an honest assessment of one's strengths and weaknesses.... so I thought about it some more.... God gives us all the things we have... talents to make things, ability to work hard, our jobs, our homes, any ability we have to do anything we do good, a voice to sing with, hands that can paint, doctors hands that heal... the list goes on and on of the abilities, talents and things God gives us, that God allows us to have... I think pride is when we boast and carry on so... look at me... look at what I can do.... look what I have done ...aren't I great!!!... aren't I wonderful!!!... I am amazing and brilliant... haven't I done great things!!! ... humility is when we can say oh this is from God... when we say thank you when somebody compliments us for our achievements and we say oh this is a gift from God... God gives me the ability to do this... this was possible because of God.... I could not have made this without God... I could not have done this without God... humility is when we go to God in prayer and thank him for our gifts, our abilities, the love we have from others, our talents...Admit it we have all seen a person that was so full of themselves fall flat on their faces and had that moment of ... oh well, that twinge of ha ha... maybe that was that moment of disgrace that follows pride... so when you accomplish something great today... when you accomplish anything today...and have that moment of being so proud of yourself... let that moment of proud of yourself be a reminder to thank God for giving you the ability to complete that task, sing that song, make that craft, to build that business... does God want us to be proud of ourselves...Yes!. does he want us to be prideful... no.... so remember when you have a moment of being proud of yourself have another moment of praise to God for what he has done for you or through you!
Hugs
Jeannie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is not only using you with your cards but know in sharing His Word. You are allowing Him to mold you into the Christian woman that He wants you to be. Thanks again for being such an inspiration. I know that it is all because of Him.

Now I feel that I can sign this...
Your sister in Christ,
Marjorie from TX
marjorie_brundage at sbcglobal dot net

S.Bayles said...

Jeannie,
God does not give us more than we can handle. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I think that you are a very special person. God shines thru you and brings it out in the things that you create.
Sandy Bayles

sanadon said...

Beautifully said. Thanks Jeannie.