I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3.17.10

Luke 2:52 Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.

My Thoughts

When the Bible talks about wisdom...it is talking about learning what God wants...Jesus had knowledge, insight and good judgment because he listened to God....and we get this by reading his word ... studying it until we know what God wants for us in our lives...Stature means quality or status gained by growth, development or achievement.....Here it tells us that Jesus grew in wisdom start at the age of 12 ... Jesus grew in stature... he developed the highest quality of knowledge that he could so that he would be pleasing to God... so he could do Gods work... spread God word.... Jesus achieved great and wonderful things... through wisdom... God ask us to be like Jesus... God chose Jesus to be his son... then by sending Jesus to die for our sins he chose us... we are his children... and he wants us to strive to be like Jesus... so that means that God wants us to learn all we can about his plan for us .... God wants us to have knowledge and insight and good judgment ... God wants to find favor with us.... God wants us to find favor with the people around us that we come in contact with... he wants us to do our very best to be like Jesus.... God will help us achieve great things, starting with just one small step to be more like Jesus...and then taking more and more steps to be like Jesus...when God sees  us grow in faith and knowledge  he can entrust us to be great, to do great things... so grow in wisdom...develop a sense of what God wants in your life, achieve all that you can with what God has given you...work hard to find favor with God.... work hard to be like Jesus and God will bless you with blessing that you never even knew you could dream of!
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: