I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3.2.10

Mark 10:42-45 So Jesus called them together and said, " You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as ransom for many."



My Thoughts

Wow this is powerful!!!...I know that Jesus was talking about having honor in heaven but we can see examples of this working - in places like our jobs... if we just pay attention... have you ever had a boss that treated you like a family that he was suppose to take care of you.... a boss that treated you like his child... he was kind when you made a mistake and corrected you in a way that made you want to do better... a boss that was the first to do the hard, messy jobs and didn't want you to have to get dirty, that treated you like he was there for you... those are the kind of bosses you would do anything for.... anything... you would work extra if they need you... with joy you would work extra... you would go out of your way to make sure that that persons needs were met especially in a tight.... that you had done everything humanly possible that your boss wouldn't himself get in trouble... you would celebrate his wonderful achievements!!!... hold him up on your shoulders like a king when he got a bonus... because he took care of you, served you and your needs.... Then there is the boss...that never goes a day without letting you know he is BOSS over you... that loves to humiliate you when you do something wrong... that lets everyone know that its not his place to do the dirty work...he is too important to do the dirty work... and when that person is in a tight no one really cares... if they have a success everyone wonders why...but doesn't celebrate.... just that example alone should show us that its best to be servants of people, to be the person that takes care of people, to walk that extra mile when someone needs us... to spend our days serving others... take care of ourselves in the process so we can take care of others... we need to be like Mother Teresa and take time to do even the small things for people, especially the small things for people... I imagine that Mother Teresa is sitting right there next to Jesus... I challenge you to be the servant... that's what Jesus did... I know I am going to work on this.

Hugs
Jeannie

1 comment:

zopeloti said...

Love this sight. Thank you for your hard work in posting this.