I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7.31.13

Romans 14:1 Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong.
 
My Thoughts
I believe that this scripture is so very important.  God honors us when we do our best to honor Him.  We grow in that!!  For most of us it is not a all at once thing...but something that develops as we learn to hear the Holy Spirit.  We never need to chase away someone who loves God but does not see things exactly the way we do. If it is something important to God and that person loves God and is growing in God they will eventually find their way to where they are suppose to be.  God honors where they are at, so should we!! 

I have had people in my past make me feel like I was not "loving God right." At a time in my life there were several in a row... passing people, people that I didn't really see often. Their words had a huge impact on my life that lasted for maybe five years.  They made me feel like it was impossible to love God and for God to love me back, so instead of doing better I quit trying all together.  It was a time when I was tinkering on the edge...and they pushed me in the wrong direction. If they had just loved me and accepted me they would have had the opportunity to lead by example. 

Then I was lucky enough to be put in a group of people that saw that I wanted to love God. These people didn't condemn me..the just took me in and loved me with all their hearts.  And when I made progress they celebrated my progress... in this environment I have grown by leaps and bounds.  I have learned that any step I make toward God matters.  I have learned to hear the Holy Spirit and I do better ever day.  I have so far to go... but I have come so very far because I was accepted. My life has been amazing because someone reached out their hand and taught me that Jesus meets me where I am. That choosing to honor God was what mattered, learning to honor God was a process. These very people have even learned from me.  God is so good!! 

I never, ever want to be that person that says, "You are not loving God right!" I want to be that person that says, "God love you right where you are!! Take my hand and lets learn together!!"

No comments: