I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 29, 2013

7.29.13

Romans 12:3b-5 Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring  yourselves by the faith God has given us.  Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ's body.  We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to eachother.
 
My Thoughts
I love this! Just love it... these verses free me to be myself!!  To be the person God made me to be.  These verses teach me ( you must read all of Romans 12:1-21) that what I can do matters! Just like my thumbs are important to my body and my heart is important to my body.  My fingernails protect my fingers.  It all matters!!  So I matter to the body of Christ.  My hugs, I love to hug just in case  you don't know that about me!!  Those hugs matters.  I love arts and crafts... those things matter when I get to give them to others!!  I am not great at teaching...on and I can not, and you don not want me to sing!!  Addressing an envelope freezes me somehow...but I can make a card pretty...and give it to someone that doesn't freezes at addressing that envelope.  God made me, God made each of us who we are, with the talents we have.... we are called to love others and we can love others with the talents God gave us!!  Another thing I am good at is managing money... putting it in words that make it seem possible, not overwhelming.  My friend Tammy is good at teaching, she puts her all into a lesson.  Lisa is good at organizing and motivating and Mrs. Kay can pray like nobody I have ever known.  But I am the hugger of the group...and that matters!!  We all matter!!  Each and every one of us matter!!  What is it that you do?  What are you good at?  No matter how small it seems to you, it is huge to someone else!!  Use it for God!!

No comments: