I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, July 20, 2013

7.20.13

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 God said to Solomon, "Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people-- I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested.  But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future.

My Thoughts
When I read this I thought of Matthew 6:33 which says,  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. When we seek God, when we seek God's wisdom, when we love others... God takes care of the rest!! 
 
We so often go about our lives seeking the things we think we need... the things we think our kids need... only to find out we have run out of time, energy and or money and not accomplished most of what we set out to accomplish when if we had just taken time to seek God everything else would have fallen into place. 
 
Recently I had a situation in my life where I was working so hard, the harder I worked the more life backfired. Then I realized that I was trying to find the answers myself, by myself.  The minute I turned to God for the whole answer, not just for Him to fix each mess as I made it, He gave me the answer. You know what?  It was simple...all that I had been doing was working against the problem... and God's answer was easy.. and it worked.  We must make time, take time, seek after God!!  Then all else falls right into place because God sends down his angels to put things in order for us!!  
 

No comments: