I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 1, 2013

7.1.13

Psalm 149:3-4 Praise his name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp.  For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.
 
My Thoughts
When we humble ourselves before God, we know and we let God know that we know that He is able... that we are not able.  God is greater than all that we face and when we had our world over to Him that is when we get victory...because God is always victorious.

I often, after being successful at letting go and letting God, wonder at how easy that victory was.  Each time I have those moments of being aware that God made something possible, I think I will remember each day to give it all to Him.  Then I get busy thinking I am in control, and once again I lose my humble.  What makes that so silly is how much easier my life is when I give God the reigns...I just get to sit back enjoy the ride. 

The Old Testament stories talk about horses and chariots...swords and armor... and taking home the spoils in victory. Today my visual of me taking the lead and God taking the lead plays in my head like this.... When I take the lead it is like me getting on a horse, sword in hand, not a very good sword at that...and marching off into war only to find a thousand men with bows and arrows facing me...then I fall to the ground.  When I give God control it looks a bit like this... God on His white horse with flaming swords on is back ready to be shot... with legions of angels... a legion is something like 10,000... and me there in the back on a sturdy donkey ready to take home the spoils of battle.  My only job...keeping my eyes on God, letting Him take the lead.  

Now when I find myself trying to take control of my life..I will simply say to myself, "Jeannie, get off that horse and get on your donkey."

No comments: