I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 16, 2013

7.16.13

Proverbs 19:14 Fathers can give their sons and inheritance of houses and wealth, but only the Lord can give an understanding wife.
 
My Thoughts
I love this!!  I can look at my life and so see how much more understanding I am, the more that I know God.  I have a recent example... the doctor put me on steroids for a Lupus flair this past week.  They were making me feel much like the space shuttle about to take off...and poor Robby (my sweet, sweet husband) would just talk to me and it would make me crazy.  I am talking normal conversation that I usually enjoy was making me want to scream, "shut up!!!"  In the past I would have not screamed shut up...but I would have gotten very frustrated...and maybe cried and let myself get to the point where something like him not putting his plate in the sink would have made me have a melt down that he did not deserve...and that I would have apologized for later on.  But this time I didn't ...I was in tune to the Holy Spirit inside of me saying, "Jeannie, this is just your medicine, Robby is doing nothing wrong.  In fact you like how much he talks to you."  I listened...and took deep breaths... I did what the Bible tells me to do, not what my emotions were telling me to do.  I even later in the day said, "If I get impatient with you, please forgive me...my steroids are making me crazy and I have already wanted to be impatient several times today."  He looked at me with such a loving face and said, "Thank you for not being impatient with me...and if you want you can put tally marks on a piece of paper for each time you feel that way...and tonight I will say thank you as man times as you have tally  marks." 

See what God's grace can do!!  It can calm the storms of life.  It can keep us from being hurtful. It can keep us kind.  When we act in loving ways despite our feeling cause by the things in the world, medicine, work pressure, life pressure. When we act like God's word tells us to act... not only do we become more loving...we become more loved by the people around us!!  That is amazing!! 

The other day I didn't go off...I didn't say hurtful things and cause Robby to speak things he would not have normally said.  We didn't create a situation that we might hold against each other for hours or days... or maybe years.  Because of God's grace...because I know God more and more...I was able to be loving in spite of steroids... Robby was able to be loving because I was lovable... and God was able to smile down on us and strengthen us and grow us. 

God made me understanding that day. Only God could do that.  This verse made me realize just how much of a God thing that day was...and now I know...now I want to send up thanks and praise!  What a mighty, awesome God we have that would love us so much!! 

No comments: