I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 15, 2013

7.15.13

Romans 2:29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God.  And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit.  And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.
 
My Thoughts
I today thought..in that it finally dropped in my heart kind of way... When we asks Jesus to be our Savior... to live in our hearts...we are adopted into the Jewish family.  A true Jew, one that is "circumcised" is who who has had a change of heart, a true change of heart.  If this verse were written in a modern language based on how we live in this country today it might looks something like this...
No a true Christian is one whose heart is right with God.  A true change of heart is not sporting a Jesus tag on our car and being at Church every Sunday...and saying I am a member of that "Big Church on the Hill." A true Christian has a heart that is changed by God... by the Holy Spirit, because they are aware of the Holy Spirit, tuned in, hearing and listing and acting on what the Spirit prompts them to do, based on God's word.  A true Christian does not say "Will these actions make this person like me, make this person happy with me, make me popular?" a true Christian says, "Will these actions make God happy with me? No matter what the world says is popular and right and true, but what God tells me is the right thing to do?"

When I was "saved," before I was really "saved" I was trying to go through the motions of being a Christian, and would fail miserable.   I kept trying to "be good" so I wouldn't go to hell, no really so I would go to heaven.  I was kind to people because I wanted them to like me not because God had changed my heart into being kind to people because I loved God and because God's love flowing through me made me be kind to people because God's love for me, makes me want to love others. 

I believe God gave me a kind spirit at my birth, through a truly changed heart I am learning to use that kindness to do what God would have me do, not so I can get people to like me.  My kindness needs to make God proud of me, not people.  

I have so far to go!!  There are so many ways that I fail...but I am moving in the right direction because I am learning to let the Spirit that God put inside me, lead me.  Some of my old habits are dieing hard...but they are dieing slowly but surely because I am allowing God to change me...when I mess up I ask forgiveness not so I won't go to hell, but because I have disappointed God...then I move forward, not getting stuck in messing up, because I know my God is a loving, gracious, forgiving God that just wants me to understand true love.  And I feel hopeful that I can do better because God's word tells me that God is working in me to grow me and change me until the day Jesus comes!!  Philippians 1:6.

As Christians we must live our lives in a way that when we do mess up people know our hearts and they know that we are trying to do our best.  As true Christian we forgive others...and others will forgive us.  We can't just ware Christianity on our cars, and on our clothes and our feet walking through the doors on Sunday morning.  True Christianity comes when our hearts are changed in such a way that you can see the change in us by our actions of love, not our actions of perception. 

No comments: