I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, July 22, 2013

7.22.13

2 Chronicles 7:14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
 
My Thoughts
So often we miss the start of this verse, the important part really, the part that sets the promise into motion.  Those words are, "If MY people who are called by my name will...."  We can have our nation restored, we can have our land restored, we can have our lives restored.  It is not up to the people that do not know God yet... it is up to the people that do know God.  We can't go about living our lives saying we know God, or making God our Sunday mission.  We have to go about our lives taking to to know God, taking time each day to be with God... then we need to "be Christians" every day, in all that we do.  If we are seeking God... and if we are doing what God ask, we Christians, then God will hear  us from heaven and forgive our sins.... and God will restore our land, our country. 
 
We can't go about playing the blame game.  We, no I must check my life, my actions and make sure that I am humbling myself. I must pray and see God, I must quit doing evil.  Each of is us an "I." We all have the power to make a difference!!  We simply have to seek God. 

No comments: