I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, July 19, 2013

Romans 5:20 God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were.  But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant.  So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
My Thoughts
You could read this first line and think, "That is mean, why would God want to show us that? What was the point?" But the point that God needed to show us how much we needed Him because HE loves us so much.  God waits to be invited into our lives...and if we don't see that we need Him then we don't invite Him in!!  God pretty much said, "Look I have made a way for all that you have done to be forgiven, so that you can live with me forever!!"  If our reply is, "I have not done anything wrong!!"  then we miss out on so much that God has to offer us, so much that God wants to give us. 

To me this is such a perfect example in the Bible of how God does not want us to feel guilt, God is not condemning us...but calling us to Him and saying, "Yes you are sinners, but that is ok! I love you so much and I have made a way for you no matter what you have done wrong! All you have to so is believe that I sent Jesus and depend on me to forgive you and help you do better!!" 

The reason good deeds are mentioned after Jesus came to save us from our sins is that when we love God, God helps us do better!  So true love for God produces a change in us.  If we don't see that change we must step back and examine our motives for loving God.  Are we "loving" God because we love Him, or are we loving God just to stay out of hell?  or because it is popular?  When we fall in love with people... whether it is the love or our life, or our children or grandchildren when they come into this world, we want to do things that please them!!  Our love is evident in the fact that we try to make them happy.  If we truly love God our lives will change, because our love for God makes us want to please him, just like our love for others makes us want to please them. 

We can not be fooled by what we think is love is,  our words and by what love really is,  our actions.  That is the greatest lie that we can tell ourselves!! It is the lie that creeps in and endangers us... it takes over and kills us.  That lie is more dangerous than being such a sinner that everybody around us knows just how bad we are.  At least the later knows that they need to get right with God. 

God loves us so much, all He really ask of us is that we love Him back...then His love will take over and do the rest.

No comments: