I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7.9.13

Proverbs 18:22 The man who finds a wife finds a treasure and he receives favor from the Lord.
 
My Thoughts
When I read this verse I was, for some reason that I don't know, reminded of the three men who were given the talents by their masters.  The two men who used those talents wisely were rewarded...the man who buried his talents had them taken away from him.  The first two men treasured the fact that they were given such a treasure to be responsible for and they took that responsibility serious... they invested their talents and grew them.  The other man just buried his, hid it away. 
 
How many wives would flourish if they were treated like the treasure the Bible says that they are?   To treasure means to keep or regard as precious; value highly. Humans flourish when they are treasured...when someone tells them they are special, when someone thanks them when they work hard, those words of thanks show that the value of their efforts are noticed and that their efforts matter.  Women flourish when men do those little gestures of caring... the ones that are so small they seem a bit unimportant... but men never underestimate the value of the gesture of holding out your hand to help your wife down a couple of stairs, or opening the car door for her. Never forget to tell her she is beautiful when she makes the effort.... when we are treated like queens we tend to treat our husbands like kings.  When we are valued like a treasure, we feel valuable enough to conquer the things in life that need to be conquered.  When women are valued they feel like their efforts, their actions matter...so they are better able to make the effort... to move into action. 
 
I love how God made the world with all it's checks and balances.  In this case a woman who is treasured by her husband, treasures him back and is able to treasure their family.  Love begets love...and love is favor straight from God Himself. When we feel loved we are able to love others... we are able to take the focus off of ourselves and put it on others.  When men love their wives and show that love...it is the very best way they can love themselves...because when a woman feels so loved by her husband...she can't help but love him back with all her heart. 
 
 
 

No comments: