I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 11, 2013

7.11.13

1 Chronicles 12:17-18 David went out to meet them and said, "If you have come in peace to help me, we are friends. But if you have come to betray me to my enemies when I am innocent, then may the God or our ancestors see it and punish you."
 
Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, the leader of the Thirty, and he said, "We are yours, David! We are on your side, son of Jesse. Peace and prosperity be with you, and success to all who help you, for your God is the one who helps you." So David let them join him, and he made the officers over his troops.
 
My Thoughts
I couldn't help but think how important Amasai's answer was... those words had to have no betrayal in them at all...not the smallest trace.  These were relatives of Saul who had defected to fight against Saul with David. They could have been there to betray David.  Their words had to be convincing and God knew that...so He sent down the Holy Spirit to give Amasai the words that would comfort David.  They were the right words for Amasai and the right words for David.  God was on David's side... no doubt he sent Amasai to fight for David...and when He did...God also made sure that Amasai had the right words.

When I read this I thought  of the times in my life that I have had the right words for someone, and wondered where they came from...they came from the Holy Spirit which God sent to me to protect me or help me build up...the were the right words for me...and the right words for the person I said them to.  God was in control every time.  It is important to look back and recognize when God has been in control of our words... Because that helps us to move forward and know that when God sends us somewhere He will provide us with the words we need to say...and the words the other person needs to hear.  We don't have to wonder if we can do it...we have to have the faith that the Holy Spirit is with us and will help us even with our words!! 

No comments: