I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, July 4, 2013

7.4.13

Please forgive my absence... July 2 I became a first time grandmother to Ripley Michol Patrick...she weighted 7lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long.  

Acts 23:4-5 Those standing near Paul said to him, "Do you dare insult God's high priest?" "I'm sorry, brothers, I didn't realize he was the high priest," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, "You must not speak evil of any of your rulers."

My Thoughts
I went to find the scripture that Paul was talking about...it says in Exodus 22:28 You must not dishonor God or curse any of your rulers.  Look here in exodus is says "any of your rulers." 

I have done it...I have spoken bad of our president.  Today I thought God protects His children when His children choose to live under His protection.... if we want a different president we need to honor God...and God will honor us with a righteous leader.  We can't go about blaming our leader we must respect our leader because The Bible tells us so!!  We must go about correcting what is wrong in our lives and then God will work out the rest. God will protect His children... our nation is not falling apart because of it's leader... or because of the corruption that goes on.. or because of the evil people out there.  Our nations is loosing ground, doing not so good, because God's children are not doing what God ask of us.   If we, God's children will act in a way that honors God.  If we do the things God requires of us, God will honor us with righteous leaders.  The first step is to quit speaking evil of the leader we have and get on our knees. 

No comments: